Zuccotto with chocolate filling is a typical Italian dessert in the form of half a ball. You can use a batter bowl or another bowl to get that shape, because you make this dessert largely in the fridge. Zuccotto is a semi-freddo dessert, which means that you serve it cold but not frozen.
You can make zuccotto with chocolate filling, but you can also make it with a traditional filling with mandarin, for example. Here’s that recipe. This zuccotto with chocolate filling is easier and faster to make, because you don’t have to make mandarin jam first. Keto mandarin jam you really have to make yourself, because you don’t use sugar or sweeteners.
You make the chocolate filling by melting chocolate. Choose a chocolate with as few carbohydrates and 85% cocoa as possible. Chocolate with a higher cocoa percentage generally melts less well and quickly becomes bitter. Here you can read my chocolate review.
I melt the finely chopped chocolate pieces in an au bain-marie pan, the advantage is that the chocolate cannot burn. However, it can also be put in a bowl over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave (always stop very short and on time! – chocolate that gets too hot becomes bitter).
- 200 Ml cold coffee (possibly with a tablespoon of Amaretto, Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 100 Grams almond flour
- 2 Eggs
- 100 Ml Aroy D coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon psyllium
- 0.5 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 0.25 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75 Grams Hands Off my chocolate 85% chocolate
- 100 Grams Mascarpone
- 50 Ml Whipped cream
- 100 Grams Mascarpone
- 75 Grams Ricotta
- 0.25 Teaspoon vanilla essence
- Cocoa powder (optional)
Brew and cool coffee
- First, make coffee and let the coffee cool down well. You can add a liqueur, such as Amaretto di Saronno, Grand Marnier or Cointreau for extra taste, but this is optional.
- Put the mascarpone, ricotta and some vanilla essence in a bowl and whisk well together (preferably with an electric mixer).
- Put a layer of vanilla filling on top of the waffles.
Calories: 422Kcal | Gross carbohydrates: 8G | Protein: 11G | Fats: 39G | Sodium: 56Mg | Potassium: 78Mg | Fiber: 2G | Vitamin A: 724Iu | Vitamin B1: 1Mg | Vitamin B2: 1Mg | Vitamin B3: 1Mg | Vitamin B5: 1Mg | Vitamin B6: 1Mg | Vitamin B12: 1Μg | Vitamin C: 1Mg | Vitamin D: 1Μg | Vitamin E: 1Mg | Vitamin K: 1Μg | Calcium: 136Mg | Buyer: 1Mg | Folic acid: 9Μg | Iron: 1Mg | Manganese: 1Mg | Magnesium: 4Mg | Phosphorus: 77Mg | Selenium: 6Μg | Zinc: 1Mg | Net carbs: 6G | Macro Fats: 82% | Macro Carbohydrates: 7% | Macro Proteins: 10%